Thursday, March 24, 2011

dega blog one

Dear Dega people, my name is Ethan Flowe.  I am from Greenwood, South Carolina. I have one sister named Kate.  From time to time I miss where I came from.  I know that my family arrived here many, many generations ago, as I have a relative who fought for the Confederacy during the American Civil War.  He was from North Carolina.  My parents are deceased.  I think the main problems young people need to watch out for in the United States stem from laziness.  It is important they work hard throughout time in education because it is much harder to start over later.  Digital media helps me as an artist because I can be exposed to much of my art with out leaving my house. I am a pianist, and there are many websites where I can listen to piano music I haven't heard before, as well as get the sheet music for it. I have a blueberry bush at home.  I've had it since first grade. I just like blueberries.  I got interested in piano as a result of several music appreciation courses and through the music played in my church. Once I started piano, I was then exposed to the vast and great repetoire that piano music has to offer.  I would say to tell people in the United States how lucky they are to live where the live.  Remind of them of the freedoms they have that they take for granted.  If you are from Canada, tell them about how one has to wait and wait and wait for low-quality healthcare that may never come.  If you are from Europe, tell them about the 80 percent property taxes there to feed the nanny-state programs there.  America is a great country, and many young people here like to jump on bandwagons to hate it because it's "cool" to hate America.  It's rarely because they are informed in the least.  I have not traveled to any foreign countries.  Where I grew up, there was a very large Hispanic cultural influence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment